As a marketer, you know that data is the backbone of your decision-making process. But not all data is created equal. In today's digital landscape, there are two main types of ways to measure your lead performance: volume and velocity.
A Volume data model is focused on the amount of leads generated, including how many leads are in each stage of your sales process. Volume data models answer questions such as:
- How many marketing qualified leads did I generate last quarter?
- What is my cost per SQL?
- What is my cost per acquisition of a new customer?
- Using my past performance, how many leads can I generate with "x" budget next month?
The ChannelMix Marketing Demand and Marketing to Sales pipeline solutions are built using a volume data model. Using our pipeline solution + ChannelMix AI, marketers can make better decisions by generating the largest volume of leads, for the most efficient cost possible.
A Velocity data model is focused on how quickly leads move through your marketing to sales pipeline. Velocity data models answer questions such as:
- What is the average number of days it takes for a lead to become an MQL?
- How long does it take for a prospect to become a new customer?
- Where are my leads getting 'hung up' in my sales process?
Depending on how the roles and responsibilities of your organization, Marketing may not play a role in influencing how quickly a lead moves through the sales funnel. Since ChannelMix is focused on how to make better marketing decisions, all of our standard products are built based on a volume data model. If a velocity is a business question that's important to you, we can still help! Connect with your CSM on the next step of building a velocity data model.