Cross Channel Paid Media Performance | Dashboard Overview
<! -- ChannelMix Monitor Blue Paper --> <! -- GA4 User Guide --> <! -- Keys User Guide -->
The purpose of the Cross Channel Paid Media Summary is to roll-up reporting on multiple paid media channels into one report. The dashboard highlights cross channel comparison and aids as a planning tool for future marketing campaigns.
There are up to 5 tabs in this dashboard that are designed to answer the following business questions:
Paid Media Summary
This summary presents a holistic view of your paid media performance. Use this dashboard tab to slice and dice your marketing data to gain an understanding of what has happened in the past.
- Are my overall numbers trending upwards?
- What is my return on investment (ROI)?
- What channel/data source/campaign is contributing the most to my impressions, clicks, and media conversions?
- What channel/data source/campaign is most efficient in generating impressions, clicks, and media conversions?
The purpose of the Media Activity is to provide a visual to identify what marketing strategy ran when. Understanding what media was run provides more context into the numbers found in the Paid Media Summary. Are my KPIs increasing compared to the prior year because we ran more media? Or was it because of improved performance?
- Which channel/data source/campaign was active in this time period?
- Of those active marketing strategies, what percentage were they live in this time period?
- How did those marketing strategies perform?
Media Conversion Detail
This dashboard digs deeper into your Media Conversion scorecard. Understand performance by getting more granular and seeing how your individual media conversions are performing.
- Which media conversion are we generating the most?
- Which media conversion is returning the most value?
Please check out our Media Conversion Detail - Dashboard Tab Overview article for a more in-depth explanation of this dashboard tab.
By referencing historical performance, and setting it as a baseline, use this tab to set budget goals and expectations for upcoming marketing.
- How much should I budget to achieve X amount of clicks?
- Based on the budget I have, how many clicks can I expect to generate?
- How should I spend that budget across my marketing channels?*
- What is the most/more efficient way to generate clicks in the future?*
*Please check out our Plan Performance - Dashboard Tab Overview article for a more in-depth explanation of this dashboard tab.
Model Performance *
A summary of the ChannelMix Modeling Engine that is informing the predictions and recommendations is found in the Plan Performance tab.
- How well is my prediction model performing? How accurate have the predictions been?
- Which strategy (i.e, channel) has the greatest marginal return on ad spend?
- When does my strategy (i.e, channel) start to diminish returns on transactions?
Please check out our Model Summary - Dashboard Tab Overview article for a more in-depth explanation of this dashboard tab.
* Requires Advance Package
*Note: the Cross Channel Paid Media Summary dashboard has been upgraded since the recording of this demo video
Supported Data Sources
The standard configuration for this dashboard includes the following data sources:
- Paid Search
- Apple Search Ads
- Bing Ads
- Google Ads
- Google Search Ads 360
- Yahoo! Gemini
- Paid Social
- Facebook Ads
- LinkedIn Ads
- Pinterest Ads
- Reddit Ads
- Snapchat Ads
- TikTok Ads
- Twitter Ads
- El Toro
- Google Campaign Manager
- Traditional or Other Digital:
- Digital Media via Google Sheet
- MNTN (formerly known as SteelHouse)
- Traditional Media via Google Sheet
This dashboard is built on the following datasets:
- v_oneview_media_and_conversion - An aggregation of media data (joined to utility_date)
Supported BI Tools
The Cross Channel Paid Media Summary Dashboard is available in Tableau and PowerBI.
Unsure what a term means in the Plan Performance or Model Summary tabs of the dashboard? Check out our Glossary of Terms article, as well as our Plan Performance and Model Summary Dashboard Tab Overview articles which contains it's own FAQ sections!