ChannelMix API connection is built around the Twitter Ads API. Twitter is a social media platform that provides many features for brands and users to share their thoughts and ideas about... anything. Use the following guides to help answer questions about ChannelMix's connection.
*this article covers the details about how ChannelMix connects and automates data related to Twitter Ads. If you are looking for Organic Twitter information, check out the Organic Twitter connection detail article.
|Currently Supported Version:||v12|
Default post-view attribution window: 1 day
Default post-engagement attribution: 14 days
|Time Zone Reporting:||
ChannelMix reports Twitter Ads reports in the time zone specified on the Twitter Ads account. Requests made using the DAY start_time and end_time. Read more about specifying granularity to DAY in analytics reports in Twitter's Analytics Overview.
DAY: both the start time and end time values must be aligned with midnight in the account's time zone
|API Limitations:||Rate limits vary by endpoint|
Standard source activation allows for up to 731 days of backfill (see Dataset Activation).
|Refresh Limit:||Each ChannelMix client can refresh no more than 5,000 days worth of Twitter Ads data across all profiles per month (see Dataset Refresh).|
The connection to Twitter Ads is made via Oauth1.0 Authorization.
Profile Association and Values
A profile in ChannelMix for Twitter Ads will represent exactly one Twitter Ads account. Campaigns should be managed appropriately at the Account level within the Twitter Ads user interface. If you are an agency that manages many campaigns, do not use one Twitter Ads account to manage different customers.
Required User Permission Levels
In order to connect to Twitter Ads in ChannelMix you will need :
- A Twitter account with access to at least one active Twitter Ads account with ACCOUNT_ADMIN, AD_MANAGER, or CAMPAIGN_ANALYST permissions. Learn more about authenticated user access in Twitter Ads' campaign management documentation.
- At least one campaign and one promotable user in the Twitter Ads account.
ChannelMix has the following report types available.
|Report Type||API Source Documentation||ChannelMix Datasets|
|Type of Application:||Paid Social|
- Ecommerce Pipeline OneView
- Lead Generation Pipeline Oneview
- Paid Media OneView Performance and Conversion
- Paid Social OneView Performance and Conversion
- Social Follower OneView
- Social Post OneView
- Social Summary Post OneView
- Social Summary Hashtag OneView