Below are the fields for the Organic Search OneView dataset. Please note that:
- All website data is pulled into this OneView, not just Organic Search traffic. This is because the Organic Search dashboard contains a widget that breaks down traffic across all channels. This is to provide context on how important Organic Search is.
- Website data sources (ex: Google Analytics) most likely due not provide query due to privacy reasons. In cases like these, keyword is mapped into the Query field in the OneVIew.
- Multiple levels of aggregation from Google Search Console is pulled into this OneView. It is not avised to aggregate data from this OneView, and rather to use the Dimension Type field to filter to the correct level of aggregation.
The sources that populate a OneView can be customized to your data specifications, however, the datasets that are available in the standard Organic Search OneView configuration are:
- Google Analytics - UA (v_ga_session)
- Google Analytics - GA4 (v_ga4_session)
- Google Analytics - GA4 (v_ga4_event_keyword_conversion)
- Google Search Console (v_google_search_console_total_queries)
- Google Search Console (v_google_search_console_top_queries)
- Google Search Console (v_google_search_console_page_query)
- Google Search Console (v_google_search_console_device_query)
|Report Date||Date||The date activity occurred.|
|Data Source||String||The data source from where the record originated.|
|Data Source Type||String||The type of data source (Website vs. Search).|
|Channel||String||A description of the marketing channel.|
|ChannelMix Channel||String||A field created by ChannelMix using the Source, Medium, and Channel Grouping (for Website Data) that is intended to provide more consistency to the channel by bucketing it into easily identifiable categories like Paid Social, Organic Social, Paid Search, Organic Search, Email, Display, etc.|
|Platform||String||The platform from where the data originated|
|Dimension Type||String||A description field used to differentiate the level of granularity (top query vs. page vs. device) to ensure data is being filtered and aggregated correctly.|
|Device Category||String||Desktop, laptop, mobile, tablet.|
|Landing Page||String||The first page in users' sessions, or the landing page.|
|Query||String||The phrase that has been entered into a search engine's search box.|
|Impressions||Float||Total times the ads were served.|
|Clicks||Float||Total times the ads were clicked.|
|Average Position||Float||The ranking of position your website appears in search engine results.|
|Sessions||Float||The total number of sessions.|
User engagement - The total amount of time (in seconds) your website or app was in the foreground of users' devices.
|Page Views||Float||The number of app screens or web pages your users viewed. Repeated views of a single page or screen are counted. (screen_view + page_view events).|
A Bounce represents a Visit with only one Pageview.
Name of the conversion event.
Total conversions based on data source conversion tracking
Total conversion value based on data source conversion tracking
The time in which the record was inserted into ChannelMix - Data freshness indicator
A descriptive name for the segment of data from each data source