Based on specific data source rules, you may occasionally need to reauthenticate (reconnect) data source connections. This occurs on a case-by-case basis and is at the discretion of the data source.
Instagram and LinkedIn, for example, are APIs whose access tokens regularly expire. When an access token expires, reconnection is required. Your Client Solutions Specialist will work with you to set up calendar notifications for reconnecting, and will issue periodic reminders to reconnect if your data ecosystem includes either of these data sources.
Here are the instructions to reconnect data sources within ChannelMix Control Center:
- Before connecting or reconnecting any data sources, we recommend opening the ChannelMix Control Center in an incognito or private browsing window to ensure you are not already signed into any data sources.
- Locate and click on the data source.
- The existing Connections will populate in a window on the right.
- Click the pencil icon to the right of the appropriate connection. This will open a pop-up window.
- Click the RECONNECT button.
- You will be redirected to the source’s log-in screen.
- Enter the username and password that you use to log in to your client’s or brand’s account.
- Once you’re back at the ChannelMix Control Center, you’ll see your data source is connected again.
- Notify your Client Solutions Representative that you have reconnected your data source, so they can fill in any gaps in your data, if applicable.