This documentation should be used to setup reports in The Trade Desk user interface using best practices so those reports can be automatically pulled into ChannelMix. In order to get all the data into ChannelMix you’ll need to create two reports: one to back-fill historical data and one report that will deliver new data each day. The back-fill report will only be pulled into ChannelMix one time whereas the scheduled report will be pulled everyday and contain new data.
Most configurations will want to have a report setup for each advertiser. In order to make creating new reports quick and easy you’ll want to create a report template so you always have the general settings configured when new advertisers need to be on-boarded. We’ll start with creating templates.
There are existing templates in The Trade Desk that will suit many of your needs, first check to see if there is one already available that suits your needs. Even if you need to alter the reports a little bit, it’s easiest to start with a template that exists and modify it.
Creating a template is all about the fields you want to include in the report. Create the custom template that supports your reporting strategy and then click “Save As” at the bottom of the report to create your template. Once you have your specific report you can build out the rest of your advertiser specific reports.
Important - if new fields are ever added to these reports you’ll need to communicate those changes to Alight Analytics via ChannelMix Help Center Ticket so your data sets in ChannelMix can accept the new fields. New fields will not automatically appear in ChannelMix if the report is altered in The Trade Desk.
On-going Schedule Report Setup
For configuration of on-going reports we will use the “basic performance template.” Keep in mind that this process can be repeated for additional reports if you need multiple data sets from The Trade Desk.
- Choose the advertiser(s) you’d like to include. Keep in mind that if you choose multiple advertisers they will be organized under the same ChannelMix client and ChannelMix profile when loaded into your data warehouse
- Select the date range that you’d like to include in your report each day. ChannelMix will refresh the data in your data warehouse for that range each morning.
- For the most efficient workflow, create partner-level schedules with a single-day lookback window. This ensures that completed reports contain the final report data, which is never updated after the report is complete. https://api.thetradedesk.com/v3/portal/api/doc/AggregatedReports
- Setup a recurring schedule that runs on the cadence you’d like to have new data available.
- Add the advertiser name to the Generated Schedule Name so it describes the report you are creating (e.g. “McDonalds | Last7Days | Basic Performance Stats”).
- Click “Run” on the report. There isn’t a need to click “save” or “save as” because we used an existing template and the changes we made are specific to one advertiser.
- Provide the name of the report to Alight Analytics via a ChannelMix Help Center ticket.