The Client and Profile Creation Tool allows you the freedom to create new clients and new profiles, so you can begin the process of associating them with data sources.
Creating a New Client
You’ve just landed a new client or you are ready to harness ChannelMix’s power for another client. Either way, we are stoked for you!
- Hover over the teal button with the white plus symbol in the top right corner of ChannelMix Control Center, then click “Create New Client”.
- A pop-up like the one below should appear on your screen.
- Type in your client’s name.
- The profile name will be automatically populated. This name can be changed; however, we recommend that you keep it how it is.
- Click Review. This step shows you all of the users who will have access to the new client.
- Click Submit. This step finalizes the client creation.
- The schema name is how we identify clients within your agency’s database. Each schema will have its own client-specific data sets.
- The reporting username is the username you will use when connecting to ChannelMix to access your data sets.
- Proceed to associating your new client’s profile to data source connections or create new profiles for your client.
Creating a New Profile
Creating a new profile is easy, and it will allow you to have a unique name to associate with a data source account, property, view, etc.
We’ll use Google Ads as an example. You have a new client, and they run media through three different Google Ads accounts. To set this up properly, you will want to create three unique profiles to associate with the three Google Ads accounts, so you end up with a 1-to-1 relationship (Profile 1 to Account 1, Profile 2 to Account 2 and Profile 3 to Account 3). This 1-to-1 relationship concept should be used for all data source connections, with some exceptions that will be discussed at a later time.
- Click the teal button with the white plus symbol in the top right corner of ChannelMix Control Center.
- Click “Create New Profiles.” A pop-up like the one below should appear on your screen.
- Click the drop-down arrow next to your company name and select the client that you want to associate this profile with.
- Type in the profile name.
- You can create multiple profiles for a specific client by clicking on the teal button with the white plus symbol to the right of the profile name.
- Click Review.
REVIEW THE BELOW MESSAGE CAREFULLY:
If you receive the message below, then you have created a profile that will be associated with your company/agency. In most cases, you want to create a profile for a client of your company/agency. Click “previous” to go back, then click the drop-down arrow next to your company/agency name and select the appropriate client name.
- Click previous if you need to make any updates, or click submit if you are ready to create your new profiles.
- Receive confirmation. Click Close.
- Proceed to associating your new profiles to data source connections, or create new profiles for another client.