The purpose of the web analytics dashboard is to quickly summarize performance (traffic, engagement/behavior, and conversion) on one or more web properties.
Executives and analysts interested in their Google Analytics data to view traffic, engagement and conversions would find this dashboard beneficial.
This report includes four separate dashboards:
- Executive Summary: The executive summary provides a high-level overview of how key metrics (sessions, pageviews, pages per session, etc.) are trending over time, as well as how each channel is contributing to the individual metrics.
- Traffic Summary: The traffic summary provides a more detailed view on web traffic volume and acquisition; providing the ability to view key metrics (and filter) by channel, source, medium, campaign, device, or landing page.
- Engagement Summary: The engagement summary provides detail on what users are engaging with once they visit the site, including pages viewed and events completed.
- Conversion Summary: The conversion summary provides a breakdown of Goal completions. By default, Goal Completions 1-10 are displayed on this report, but it can be customized to include more/fewer goals depending on your specific configuration in Google Analytics.
Supported BI Tools
The Web Analytics Dashboard is available in Tableau, Power BI and Google Data Studio.
This report uses the following data source:
- Google Analytics
This report is built on three datasets:
- v_ga_session: This dataset includes session-level data
- v_ga_page: This dataset includes page-level data
- v_ga_event: This dataset includes a breakdown of events completed by event category, event action, and event label