The Paid Search Performance Dashboard brings together all paid search marketing efforts into one workbook with multiple dashboard tabs. With the Paid Search Performance dashboard you can have all your performance data aggregated and ready for analysis and reporting every time you need it.
There are up to 6 tabs in this dashboard that are designed to answer the following business questions:
The Executive Summary presents performance (spend, impressions, clicks) and conversion (conversions, conversion rate, cost per conversion) metrics from paid search platforms. Use this dashboard tab to slice and dice your marketing data to gain an understanding of what has happened in the past.
- Are my overall numbers trending upwards?
- What data source/campaign/ad group is contributing the most to my impressions, clicks, and media conversions?
- What data source/campaign/ad group is most efficient in generating impressions, clicks, and media conversions?
The Campaign Summary breaks down paid search performance at the Campaign level. The dashboard enables users to compare and filter by search network, campaign, ad group, device, and ChannelMix profile.
Ad Group Summary
The Ad Group Summary breaks down paid search performance at the Ad Group level. The dashboard enables users to compare and filter by search network, campaign, ad group, device, and ChannelMix profile.
The Keyword Summary breaks down paid search performance at the keyword level. The dashboard enables users to compare and filter by match type, search network, campaign, ad group, device, and ChannelMix profile.
The Ad Summary breaks down paid search performance at the individual ad level. The dashboard enables users to compare and filter by search network, campaign, ad group, device, and ChannelMix profile.
Media Conversion Detail
This dashboard digs deeper into your Media Conversion scorecard. Understand performance by getting more granular and seeing how your individual media conversions are performing.
- Which media conversion are we generating the most?
- Which media conversion is returning the most value?
Please check out our Media Conversion Detail - Dashboard Tab Overview article for a more in-depth explanation of this dashboard tab.
Supported Data Sources
The standard configuration for this dashboard includes the following data sources:
- Apple Search Ads
- Bing Ads
- Google Ads
- Google Search Ads 360
This dashboard is built on the following datasets:
Note: This dashboard filters these datasets to only data with a channel value of "Paid Search".
A note on conversion:
Search Ads 360 treats all conversions as saved columns. There is no delineation between conversion counts (the number of unique conversions that took place) and conversion values (the revenue associated with conversions), so by default, all saved column metrics are in the ‘conversions’ field. When configuring the dashboard, you may need to filter out conversion names from all conversion-level OneViews to avoid inflated conversion values.
Supported BI Tools
The Paid Search Performance Dashboard is available in Tableau and Power BI.
Below are commonly asked questions about the Paid Search Performance Dashboard:
- Why do the numbers in my dashboard not match the UI for Google Ads?
- The Paid Search dashboard filters to only present data that has a channel value of 'Paid Search'. Data from Google Ads can be categorized into channels other than 'Paid Search', such as 'Display', 'Online Video', etc. via the 'Ad Network Type 2' field. Visit your Cross Channel dashboard to see a more holistic view of your Google Ads data.