The purpose of the Paid Media Dashboard is to roll-up reporting on multiple paid media channels into one report.
This report includes the following data sources:
- Paid Search:
- Bing Ads
- Google Ads
- Google Search Ads 360
- Yahoo! Oath
- Paid Social:
- LinkedIn Ads
- Twitter Ads
- Facebook Ads
- Snapchat Ads
- Google Campaign Manager
- Traditional or Other Digital:
- Google Sheet
This report includes two dashboards:
- Paid Media Template (Conversions): This dashboard presents paid media performance metrics at the channel, source, and campaign level. As the name suggests, this dashboard includes conversions and associated metrics like cost per conversion and conversion rate.
- Paid Media Template (No Conversions): This dashboard presents paid media performance metrics at the channel, source, and campaign level. This dashboard does not include conversion metrics and is to be utilized if conversion tracking does not exist, or is not important to your objectives.
This report is built on two datasets:
- v_oneview_paid_media: an aggregation of media data.
- v_oneview_paid_media_conversion: an aggregation of conversion data.
- v_oneview_paid_media_and_conversion: An aggregation of media and conversion data.
Clicking the gear icon next to the will navigate you to the configuration pane, a separate dashboard within the Tableau workbook that can be used to adjust formatting within the report. The configuration pane also includes definitions relevant to the report and a link to login to the ChannelMix Control Center.
Within this pane you can adjust the following:
Metric Comparison by: This dropdown allows you to adjust the trendline to aggregate metrics by day, week, quarter, or month.
Data Table Aggregation: This dropdown adjusts the data table to aggregate metrics by channel, source, or campaign.
Trend Line Aggregation: This dropdown allows you to adjust the trendline to aggregate metrics by day, week, quarter, or month.
Worksheets Rendering Incorrectly
If you are viewing the workbook in Tableau Desktop on a Windows PC you may see titles that are cut off, have ellipses in them (...), or worksheets that aren’t displaying fully (you should not have this problem if you are using a MAC):
To fix this, adjust your scale and layout settings (on your PC, not in Tableau) so that every display is scaled to 100% by going to Start → Settings → System → Display → Scale and Layout:
Once these settings have been adjusted, close and re-open Tableau to view the workbook rendered properly.
Changing Report Title + Logo
The report title and logo can be customized to match a client’s branding. To edit the title right-click the text and select "Edit text…":
Edit the text within the pane that appears and click "OK." To edit the image, right-click the ChannelMix logo and click "Choose Image…":
Select the replacement image file and click "OK." Note that depending on the size of your image you may need to adjust the Fit Image, Center Image, and Fix Width settings to ensure a proper fit within the 60x60 placeholder.