The Google Data Studio marketing dashboard templates default to a ‘Previous period’ comparison period. If you wish to change the comparison period to look at ‘Previous year’ please follow the steps below:
- Click on ‘EDIT’ in your Data Studio Report.
- Click on one of your Key Performance Indicator scorecards. The right-hand pane should change to your scorecard settings.
- Locate the Default date range section of your settings. Click on the Comparison date range dropdown.
- A calendar should appear. Click on the dropdown found in the top right corner of your calendar view.
- Select ‘Previous year’. Hit ‘APPLY’.
- Now your Percent Difference will change to reference the ‘Previous year’ instead of ‘Previous period’. Repeat these steps for all applicable scorecards.
You can also find more information on dates in reports in this Google Data Studio Help Article.