The purpose of the Digital Display & Video Performance Dashboard is to present a complete picture of display and video ad performance across all networks and ad placements. The dashboard highlights performance KPIs related to display and video ads and provides insight into specific creative assets and their performance.
There are up to 5 tabs in this dashboard that are designed to answer the following business questions:
This dashboard presents display and video performance metrics at summarized and detailed levels. It provides performance metrics on creative assets as well as links to view the ads. It includes a year over year and metric comparison graph to easily view the trended performance.
- Are my overall numbers trending upwards?
- What channel/data source/campaign is contributing the most to my impressions, clicks, media conversions, and video views?
- What channel/data source/campaign is most efficient in generating impressions, clicks, media conversions, and video views?
This dashboard presents the display and video data at a more granular level. The table can be filtered and sorted by all available attributes and metrics.
- Which platform/placement/campaign returned the most amount of impressions, clicks, media conversions, and video views
Media Conversion Detail:
This dashboard digs deeper into your Media Conversion scorecard. Understand performance by getting more granular and seeing how your individual media conversions are performing.
- Which media conversion are we generating the most?
- Which media conversion is returning the most value?
Please check out our Media Conversion Detail - Dashboard Tab Overview article for a more in-depth explanation of this dashboard tab.
By referencing historical performance, and setting it as a baseline, use this tab to set budget goals and expectations for upcoming marketing.
- How much should I budget to achieve X amount of clicks?
- Based on the budget I have, how many clicks can I expect to generate?
- How should I spend that budget across my marketing channels? *
- What is the most/more efficient way to generate clicks in the future? *
* Requires Advance Package. Once upgraded to include ChannelMix AI, this tab is able to predict future performance and provide recommendations on how to use your budget more efficiently.
Please check out our Plan Performance - Dashboard Tab Overview article for a more in-depth explanation of this dashboard tab.
Model Performance *:
A summary of the ChannelMix Modeling Engine that is informing the predictions and recommendations is found in the Plan Performance tab.
- How well is my prediction model performing? How accurate have the predictions been?
- Which strategy (i.e, channel) has the greatest marginal return on ad spend?
- When does my strategy (i.e, channel) start to diminish returns on transactions?
Please check out our Model Summary - Dashboard Tab Overview article for a more in-depth explanation of this dashboard tab.
* Requires Advance Package
*Note: the Digital Display & Video Performance dashboard has been upgraded since the recording of this demo video
Supported Data Sources
The standard configuration for this dashboard includes the following data sources:
- Apple Search Ads
- Bing Ads
- Digital Media via Google Sheet
- El Toro
- Facebook Ads
- Google Ads
- Google Campaign Manager
- Instagram Ads
- LinkedIn Ads
- MNTN (formerly known as SteelHouse)
- Pinterest Ads
- Reddit Ads
- Snapchat Ads
- TikTok Ads
- Traditional Media via Google Sheet
This dashboard is built on the following datasets:
- v_cmx_optimization_mmm_bay *
- v_cmx_feature_metrics_mmm_bay *
- v_cmx_response_curves_mmm_bay *
- v_cmx_validation_metrics_mmm_bay *
* Requires Advance Package
Custom Data Requirements:
Facebook: Click Through Conversions and View Through Conversions require a custom data pull. A ticket should be logged to the Product Support team to complete this task.
Supported BI Tools
The Digital Display & Video Performance Dashboard is available in Tableau and PowerBI.
Unsure what a term means in the Plan Performance or Model Summary tabs of the dashboard? Check out our Glossary of Terms article, as well as our Plan Performance and Model Summary Dashboard Tab Overview articles which contains it's own FAQ sections!
Below are commonly asked questions about the Digital Display & Video Performance Dashboard:
- When I compare this dashboard to my Cross Channel Paid Media Summary dashboard, the numbers for data sources differ. Why is there a discrepancy?
- This dashboard filters to only show data that has a Channel value of "Display" or "Online Video". Data sources such as Google Ads can provide us with data for multiple channels, including ones that don't fit these criteria (such as Paid Search). Therefore irrelevant channels are removed from the Digital Display & Video Performance dashboard in order to provide a meaningful analysis. If you feel that some of your data is incorrectly being bucketed, leverage Rules to create logic around your data.