Now that you have completed Unit 1 | ChannelMix for Beginners, you're now poised to start Unit 2 | Automated Channel & Cross Channel Dashboards.
The purpose of this unit is to make YOU an expert in channel and cross-channel dashboards.
We'll accomplish this in a series of 5 steps, outlined below. Typically, each step warrants a phone call to discuss these items in detail, and sometimes results in two calls to cover all action items.
Steps in Unit 2:
You Present Your Current Reporting Structure
We want to make see what you're working with. You've probably discussed this a bit with your sales rep, but we want to know your current reporting structure. Are you on the data death march? Is it a powerpoint with different tables created in spreadsheets?
Depending on the amount of current reporting you have for channel-specific and cross-channel reporting, this may take a 1 hour call or a series of calls to get through it.
We will have our Client Success Manager and possibly your Account Director to understand where you are today.
Here are some typical questions we will ask while you present:
- Who is the main consumer of your analysis?
- How often do you present or provide your analysis? Daily? Monthly?
- What are the main KPIs you focus on?
- What are the typical questions you get asked when you present?
- What are the goals or benchmarks you are held to?
- What is something you want to continue reporting on?
- What is something your reporting is missing?
Action items from this call are all on us! We'll take notes throughout and come prepared to the next session to show you how you can replicate or enhance the reporting process and demonstration with your stakeholders.
ChannelMix Team Presents Dashboards
In this step, your Client Success Manager will present the relevant dashboards back to you with your data, using the same time frame as the previous lesson. Again, depending on the data sources you have and the dashboards you were able to turn on, this may take a 1 hour call or a series of calls to get through it.
Here is what we typically cover:
- Highlight features of the dashboards to replicate what you walked us through in the earlier session.
- Mention where the important KPIs can be found
- Inform you of any quick edits to be made so you can skip filtering and adjusting the dashboard upon logging in
- Answer the questions you typically get asked when reporting your analysis to your stakeholders.
Typical action items include:
- Reading more articles within the ChannelMix Dashboard section of ChannelMix Help Center to help understand more features and KPIs within each dashboard.
- Log into ChannelMix Reporting to play around with the dashboards and audit the data in ChannelMix versus what you are seeing on your side.
Live QA of Dashboards
We'll use this time to discuss any missing pieces within the dashboards and align on any discrepancies seen between the numbers reported in the dashboards versus what you reported in the first session.
Typical discussion points may be:
- Additional data ingestion through File Upload, Google Sheets, or Email.
- Understand process of troubleshooting and utilizing the ChannelMix Data Discrepancy Checklist regularly if questions arise.
Data Explained & Quick Edits
This dedicated session will cover additional data questions on any data discrepancies or explain certain metrics with the dashboards. We'll also look at setting the default filters of your dashboards to make sure they are aligned to your liking.
The agenda of items should be led by you as you are working through these dashboards within your online learning. Some typical questions we receive are:
- I'm looking at my Organic Social Performance dashboard. Where can I see boosted posts? (Spoiler Alert: they're in the Paid Social Performance and Social Media Performance Summary dashboards)
- What is a conversion? And what are you pulling from the API?
- Address any additional questions within the dashboards
- Is data lining up?
- Are we pulling from all sources? All accounts?
- What edits can we make within the dashboard?
- How can I see data by week/month/month?
- Can I filter to a certain date frame?
The next session is YOU presenting the dashboard back to us! Don't worry, you'll do great. Be prepared to share your screen in the next call and walk through the ChannelMix dashboards as if we are the main stakeholder. It may seem silly, but this is all in an effort to get you comfortable in the dashboards and fully help facilitate your transition into a ChannelMix wizard.
If you want some tips on how to tell a killer data story, check out our blogs on Data Storytelling.
You Present ChannelMix Dashboards Back to Us
Today is the day! You've presented your current reporting, we've replicated that in our presentation back to you, we've added all data, and discussed any discrepancies. Your ChannelMix dashboards are now ready to be presented and you are in prime position to be the expert! Your Client Success Manager and Account Director will be present in this one, so be prepared to have a little audience.
Here are some things to keep into consideration when presenting back:
- Remember that main business question you wanted to answer with these dashboards? Reference it at the beginning of your presentation, and answer it by the end.
- Be comfortable with the features and all tabs within each dashboard to understand and present the data story.
- Identify the KPIs that are important to you and your stakeholders
- Tell the Data Story!
We're all data nerds here, and we all want to see you succeed! Don't be alarmed if we ask some data questions or point out some interesting insights!