What is ChannelMix Conversion Tracking?
In order to complete the Marketing Lead Pipeline, you'll need our Conversion Tracking product implemented to capture those important actions consistently. Conversion Tracking is a unified metric for reporting on important web events. This is implemented through Google Tag Manager (GTM), reported as a consistent conversion event in Google Analytics (GA) and is used as a consistent conversion source of truth for this dashboard as well as many other ChannelMix dashboards. In order for us to implement, we'll need access to both GTM and Google Analytics accounts
Some additional questions we will ask are:
- Are you currently using Universal Analytics (UA) or GA4?
- How many conversion points should be tracked?
- What are your conversion triggers and use cases for each conversion?
- When discussing additional attributes for Conversion Tracking, we'll ask you:
What are the events on your website that are most important to you?
Where do these events happen on your website?
How are you reporting these events currently? How do you want to?
More information on ChannelMix Conversion Tracking can be found in the Tracking | Onboarding Process Overview
If you find that your team, a 3rd party you're already working with, etc, can implement ChannelMix Conversion Tracking, please refer to our Tracking | How to Implement ChannelMix Conversion Tracking for a step-by-step guide.
Common action items for ChannelMix clients as a result of this call include:
- Provide access to GTM and GA accounts
- Provide additional attributes for Conversion Tracking to place in GA
Regroup on ChannelMix Conversion Tracking
Oftentimes, we see a need for an additional call to regroup on the implementation of Conversion Tracking.
In this meeting, we will address:
- Implementation status of the Conversion Tracking
- Any roadblocks we're facing (Needing additional access, more confirmation on labels, etc)
- (If applicable) Status of your team or partners implementing ChannelMix Conversion Tracking to make sure we are on track to hit the overall deadline to complete getting the dashboard setup