Requires a Tableau Creator License
Whatever your reasons for web edits, here are the steps on how to save your work and ensure your credentials are properly saved for future data refreshes!
Saving Your Work
- When you finish making your edits, click the save icon on the top left of the dashboard.
- Enter the workbook name exactly as it appears in the top left corner.
- Check both of the boxes at the bottom of the prompt.
- Select “Save” in the bottom right of the prompt.
- Select “Yes” to overwrite the previous version of the workbook.
Note: If you do not get this prompt, then the name you entered in step 3 was not identical to the previous workbook. If you look in your project folder, you will see both the old and the new versions.
- Check if your data sources are live or extracts. To do so, return to your dashboard views and select “Data Sources.”
- If your data sources are live, you are done! If your data sources say extract, please go to the next section on updating your credentials so that your data refreshes do not fail.
- Click to the meatballs menu (the three dots).
- Select “Edit Connection”.
- Make sure “Embedded password in connection” is selected and click “Change the password”.
- Enter your database password (can be found in C3).
- Click Test Connect.
- Click Save.
- Repeat for every data source in the workbook.