The purpose of the Marketing to Sales Pipeline (Leads) Dashboard is to help you align marketing and sales team performance in one place. This dashboard helps you understand how marketing efforts impact the number of leads being generated, and also how your leads move through your sales process to become a customer. It also offers further capabilities to optimize for and predict future marketing performance.
There are up to 4 tabs in this dashboard that are designed to answer the following business questions:
A historical summary of your pipeline performance. Use this tab to understand how marketing is leading to sales.
- What is my cost per lead, MQL, SQL, and customer?
- Are my overall number of leads/form fills trending upwards?
- What channel/data source/campaign is contributing the most customers? (last click attribution)
- How much am I spending to gain a lead/customer?
ChannelMix Conversion Event Detail **:
A detailed summary of your website leads. This tab uses ChannelMix Conversion Tracking in Google Analytics to understand how you are acquiring website leads.
- What specific forms on my website are generating the most leads?
- How are marketing channels/campaigns contributing to specific form fills?
- How is my lead/form fills trending over time?
** Requires ChannelMix Conversion Tracking implementation. Read more in the ChannelMix Conversion Tracking - Onboarding article.
By referencing historical performance, and setting it as a baseline, use this tab to set budget goals and expectations for upcoming marketing.
- How much should I budget do I need to achieve a goal of X amount of leads/form fill?
- Based on the budget I have, how many leads/form fills can I expect to generate?
- How should I spend that budget across my marketing channels? *
- What is the most/more efficient way to generate leads/customers in the future? *
*Please check out our Plan Performance - Dashboard Tab Overview article for a more in-depth explanation of this dashboard tab.
Model Performance *:
A summary of the ChannelMix Modeling Engine that is informing the predictions and recommendations is found in the Plan Performance dashboard tab.
- How well is my prediction model performing? How accurate have the predictions been?
- Which strategy (i.e, channel) has the greatest marginal return on ad spend?
- When does my strategy (i.e, channel) start to diminish returns on transactions?
Please check out our Model Summary - Dashboard Tab Overview article for a more in-depth explanation of this dashboard tab.
* Requires Advance Package
Below is an illustration of how the different data points make up the pipeline summary.
Supported Data Sources
The standard configuration for this dashboard includes the following data sources:
- Apple Search Ads
- Bing Ads
- Campaign Monitor
- Constant Contact
- Digital Media via Google Sheet
- El Toro
- Exact Target
- Facebook Ads / Social
- Google Ads
- Google Analytics
- Google Campaign Manager
- Google Search Ads 360
- Google Search Console
- IBM Watson
- Instagram Social
- LinkedIn Ads / Social
- MNTN (formerly known as SteelHouse)
- Pinterest Ads
- Reddit Ads
- Snapchat Ads
- TikTok Ads
- Traditional Media via Google Sheet
- Twitter Ads / Social
- Yahoo Gemini
- YouTube Analytics
This dashboard is built on the following datasets:
Supported BI Tools
The Marketing to Sales Pipeline Dashboard is available in Tableau and PowerBI.
Unsure what a term means in the Plan Performance or Model Summary tabs of the dashboard? Check out our Glossary of Terms article, as well as our Plan Performance and Model Summary Dashboard Tab Overview articles which contains it's own FAQ sections!
Below are commonly asked questions about the Marketing to Sales Pipeline (Leads) Dashboard:
- When I view the ChannelMix Conversion Detail tab I see my Website Leads volume by Organic Social vs. Paid Social. However, in my Google Analytics UI reporting, I don't see either of those channels. Is my dashboard broken?
- Nope! Google Analytics reports on activity through their Default Channel Definitions. which does not break out traffic between Organic and Paid Social. ChannelMix will split out traffic for you. This allows you to see the complete performance for these two channels in your Pipeline Summary tab! ChannelMix allows you to see conversion rates for Organic and Paid Social and cost per website lead for Paid Social.