AI Explained | Glossary of Terms
<! -- ChannelMix Monitor Blue Paper --> <! -- GA4 User Guide --> <! -- Keys User Guide -->
This article is intended to serve as a glossary of terms that appear in the upgraded Plan Performance and Model Summary tabs of your dashboards.
- Baseline Window
- A window of past dates used to show historic performances from your OneView. The windows are defined to have the same number of days as your Planning Window.
- Cluster Feature
- Should recommendations be clustered into groups of similar recommendations? This reduces thousands of recommendations to a more manageable number. Clustering is done by default.
- Diminishing Return on Ad Spend
- At a given level of spend, how saturated is the market or, equivalently, how greatly does your return diminish.
- Great Prediction
- Any recommendation that has a lower Cost Per than the baseline scenario.
- Maximize Target Prediction
- Recommendations provide a larger value of your target than the baseline, but are less efficient than your baseline.
- Marginal Return on Ad Spend
- Historically, the return in a stage of your pipeline for every $1 spent
- Not a Recommended Prediction
- Recommendations that are inferior to other predictions and should not be used.
- Number of Clusters
- If clustering is enabled, how many final groups would you like?
- Planning Window
- A window of future dates over which the model will perform optimization. Each window beings on the first day of the next month and extends for varying lengths of time.
- Prediction Performance
- How well does your model perform when asked to predict things that have already occurred? The SMAPE metric is used here. For more information, check out our Can I use my model if it's performing below benchmark?.
- Top Prediction
- A recommendation that provides a larger value of your target for a smaller cost when compared to your baseline. Additionally, the recommendation with the best Cost Per of all recommendations is counted as a Top Prediction. For more information, check out our Prediction Categories Explained article.